Tuesday, July 03, 2007

BARBARA OLSON IS LAUGHING


All the furor from Democrats over the Bush commutation of the Libby sentence has been quite amusing. I haven't experienced the usual anger or disgust I usually feel for liberal hypocrisy that goes unchallenged by the mass media. Nope, this time, I'm just laughing, and I have company. I have no doubt that the late Barbara Olson is laughing right along with the rest of us conservatives.


Mrs. Olson, a distinguished writer and speaker, was killed on 9/11. She was the wife of former Solicitor General Ted Olson, and they shared a horrific telephone communication on that day. She was a passenger aboard American 77 that crashed into the Pentagon. I did not personally know anyone killed that day, but the loss of Mrs. Olson hit me hard and still makes me livid when I think of what a beautiful and special person was taken from us. Barbara had found great success as a writer with "Hell to Pay: The Unfolding Story of Hillary Rodham Clinton", a bestseller that exposed Billary for the scary monster she is. Her last book, "The Final Days: The Last, Desperate Abuses of Power by the Clinton White House", was scheduled to be printed just two days after 9/11.


"The Final Days" is a stinging expose of the corrupt machine that was the Clinton presidency. A quick perusal of the list of individuals who received pardons or commutations down Clintons home stretch is very revealing. A large number were cocaine dealers and traffickers (including the Presidents brother, Roger). Other crimes included perjury, filing false tax returns, mail fraud, bank fraud, Medicaid fraud, illegally dispensing controlled substances, bribing a judge, taking a bribe, rolling back car odometers, anteater smuggling, and more. That's not even to mention Mark Rich or Carlos Vignali or the FALN terrorists, all pardoned. As Mrs. Olson says in her book, "All that is explicit is that rot, money, and Clintons go together."


So now when I hear Dems making ridiculous statements about the Libby matter, I get a real chuckle. What short memories they have. The last president of their party presided over the most corrupt pardon system ever. The amount of thunder and smoke raised about Libby is comical compared to the outright selling of executive action that surrounded both Clintons. There simply is no comparison. The Dems calling for Libby to be crucified for perjury are the same ones who defended Slick Willie when he lied under oath. When the hypocrisy is so outrageous and clear, all you can do is laugh.
I miss Barbara Olson very much. Her style, her rapier wit, and her breathtaking beauty are sorely missed, especially by conservatives and especially with Billary running for Queen. I cannot begin to imagine the loss suffered by Mr. Olson, but he appears to be doing well, and I hope he always does so. All I know is that I can hear Barbara laughing at the Dummycrats right along with me. She and I know better.
Mrs. Olsons "The Final Days" is available on Amazon. I highly recommend it as a warning of what is trying to repeat itself. Scary.

No comments: